All members are encouraged to participate in at least one of the categories listed, from beginners to the more experienced. The President's Challenge is externally judged and it is a good way to gain feedback on your skills.
Below is a summary of this years criteria (more details on the entry forms):
- Faceting - Tony's Stone design using a Garnet, minimum size 6 mm
- Metal Smith Jewellery - Handmade (all parts) Bracelet or Necklace using Silver, Gold or a combination
- Cabochon - A standard round or oval cabochon using Petrified Wood no smaller than 15 mm
- Most Appealing Gemstone - Faceted, Cabbed or Carved using any material.
Entry forms are now available for download, using the links below:
Hard copies of the entry forms will be available from the club next Wednesday (3rd September 2020).
Remember you can enter more than one category and up to three entries per person (apart from the faceting challenge).
Below is a update from Peter for all those members entering the president's challenge.
NORTH BRISBANE LAPIDARY CLUB - PRESIDENT'S CHALLENGE 2021
Hi All, just a reminder it’s time for us to submit our competition entries.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
- Complete the entry form. (Forms are available at the Club, and on the website.)
- Pack the entry and mark the package as per the entry form.
- Return the entry to the Club.
TO RETURN YOUR ENTRY
- Place your entry in the box provided at the Club and complete the record of entry.
- Post the entry to the club and I will complete the record of entry.
- Or you can contact me and I will try to arrange pickup.
Peter Smith (Phone 0477766769)